Recently, I hear a lot of people have been lossing their Rapidshare Premium accounts due to phising and other scammer activity around the forums. After research around different forums I found some good posts that actually pointed out how to get back an account in case it gets hacked or scammed. Most of us have important files over Rapidshare and not only that Premium accounts are rather expensive compared to old days when they were very cheap. This guide should help you get back your Scammed Stolen RapidShare account back without any problem.
First and foremost, you must know who to contact over RapidShare when dealing with account theft, you should contact email@example.com and provide all of the following in details, for quick and positive reply from the RapidShare support, they have a great support and reply rather very quick.
This is exactly what you should provide in your email when contacting RapidShare –
Log in-ID: …
Date of account-Creation: …
Date of payment: …
All of the following details can be found in your Paypal account, you can do an advance search and look for payment to RapidShare.com and your payment history should display each and every single detail required.
Once you send that email, Rapidshare will ask you to send them an email, and I have provided a step by step guide on how to do it.
So a step by step guide goes here –
1. Account name: Log in ID which is your RapidShare ID “it is almost always numbers”
2. Date of creation: When did you create the account? Details inside your paypal with exact date and time.
3. Date it got stolen: Exact date when your account was stolen.
4. Info about your ISP and IP address: Mention the list of IP address you have used to login to your Rapidshare account from the time you bought it until it got hacked, besides you nobody can know which IP’s logged inside the account, provide as many IPs as possible. In case you have dynamic IP then you should mention it to them and provide the first 3 octecs of your IP, so they can see it and match all the login histories, if you have static IP then you can visit www.whatismyip.com and that should be the same IP everytime you go online.
5. Email used to buy the account: When you bought the account, mention the email you used for it, besides you nobody knows this either.
6. Other emails applied to the account: Mention any other emails that are linked to the account.
7. RapidShare Links in profile: If you are an uploader like me, then you should mention a list of files you have uploaded to your profile before it got hacked.
8. Size of Files: Give them the estimate size of the files you have uploaded, if you already have the files on your PC then just check the sizes and provide them with exact name and sizes.
9. RapidShare Points: In case you were following how many points you earned tell them the number of points earned until the day you had the account.
10. Take screenshots: If you can provide any screenshot proves then provide them some of those.
Last but not least, RapidShare support is great so do not get mad at them or try to be a jerk, be nice to them and try to be honest and polite, and they will help you the best they can.
I hope this guide helps everyone.