Fun Facts About Algeria
Algeria is a beautiful country, the power there changed often. From the control by the Romans, to the control by the Spaniards, nobody held control of the country for long enough except France which ruled it for about a century until they were kicked out.
- The country is nearly three times the size of the State of Texas.
- Nearly six countries border it, Morocco, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Tunisia and Libya.
- Natural resources include Petrol, Uranium and others.
- There are some kinds of catastrophes caused by mountains, which include mudslides, earthquakes and such.
- It’s the second biggest country in Africa after Sudan.
- As of 2010 the population stands over 34 million.
- Most of the population is Alger Berber but there is a minority of Europeans there too.
- The Berber folks want Independence from Algeria but the government is against that but they did offer to teach their language in schools.
- The Independence day for Algeria is on the 1st of November.
- The capital is Algiers, there are about 48 provinces in the country.
- When the political instability occurred in Algeria many leaved to France or any of it’s metro poles.