Facts about Lollipops
I love them and you love them. Here are some amusing facts about Lolli’s.
-The world’s largest lollipop was made in June 25, 2002. It was as tall as a Giraffe(15 feet tall) and about the weight of 23 full grown tigers. Oh ya it was Cherry flavored.
- There are many things named after Lollipop, movies, songs, paintings etc..
- The original lollipop machine would produce 40 Lollipops per minute but the modern ones make 5,900 a minute.
- The national lollipop day is July 20th.
-Lollipops were first made in 1908, in Connecticut by George Smith. He had named it after a horse he fancied, Lolly Pop.
-In the Midwest Lollipops are known as Suckers.
- There is a flavor named “A and B only”.
-In 1931, George Smith trademarked the word Lollipop.
-Charles Dickens invented the first modern Lollipop.
-Lollipops are made out of corn sirup and flavors.
- The most popular flavor is Cotten Candy.
-Lollipops were first produced in large scale (for commercial use) in the 1920s.