Fun Facts about Archery
One of the most interesting weaponry in human history is the bow and arrow. A weapon that is not only effectively removing the solider from harm but also light on resources unlike swords which use important resources like steel and iron. Here are some interesting facts about this weapon.
- After fists, rocks and spears, the bow & arrow is the oldest weapon made by humans, this was somewhere in the Mesozoic era which is now 10 000 years ago. This also highlights how effective archery was; it was one of the main weapons used until the rise of firearms.
- The oldest bow & arrow to be found were somewhere in modern Germany and further north into Sweden.
- The physics behind the bow & arrow are very simple but amazingly smart and effective. The theory is very similar to someone throwing a rock. The impact of the rock is determined by the energy exerted by the muscles and the throw movement. One of the key part here is the arm and how back it can go during the throw movement. This all applies to the bow but the elastic plays the part of the muscle. Pulling back determines the potential energy thrown into the shot but also how quickly the bowstring will shoot the arrow once you let go, no human arm could match that speed thus why the impact is much larger than manual throw.
- The use of bow & arrow was considered barbaric by some factions, mainly because the nomad factions had much better ability with it. Nomads for one had better practice because their hunting lifestyle, hunting for animal with a sword was much harder than killing it from a distance with a bow.
- Although bows are less devastating than firearm, they generally require a lot more skill to use. There are up to 6 different ways of aiming and a few others depending on the material of the bow & arrow. There are hundreds of variation of these weapons depending of the time and place. A bow for hunting was different, an arrow for armoured soldier was different, and one for long range shooting is different. All these had different ways they would work but they kept the same science of the kinetic energy stored in the bowstring and then releasing it in a quick burst.
- There is not only technique for aiming but for body positioning when shooting, they are many different schools of thought but for shooting at something at medium range on the same elevation as yourself, it is considered good practice to keep both hands level with the eye.
There are many more facts about archery and we will get to more of them again.
Fishing is a passion that sometimes costs a lot but the fun and experience isn’t anything like any other hobby. There are many things you can do in fishing, a sport and a hobby it is, you can just go straight fishing or an alternative. Fishing trips are the perfect activity in the summer, you can go visit a beautiful country and have fun with your hobby at the same time.
But to pick the sort of fishing you want you need to know some things. Here are the types of fishing trips you can embark on Saltwater fishing, Freshwater fishing and Amazon fishing. These are all different experiences of fishing and will all be different trips, choosing them will be hard but will depend on your disposition on certain things.
Saltwater Fishing Trips
This kind of fishing really depends where you are; sometimes there isn’t much life in these kinds of waters. Places in Africa and the Americas are really interesting for this sort of fishing. I said it depends where you are to but I recommend taking a trip if you never had done any technical fishing before. Trips will include some sort of a guide, who generally has done the trip millions of times and knows the water like the back of his hand.
Freshwater Fishing Trips
Freshwater trips are the most common, where do most people fish professionally? In the Northern hemisphere, which has the biggest reserves of freshwater on the globe. Lots of freshwater trips in the US and Canada. This kind of fishing is easier than the other forms of fishing but surprisingly most fishing competitions are held in this form. Less adventure and less surprise but more for the family , kids.
Acute Angling are of the best trip givers for fishing trips in the Amazon. I state it as a form of it’s own cause the experience is an entirely different one. You will see things you have never seen, even for a journeyman fishermen who has been to many spots, I was blown away by the Amazon. If you got the cash, Amazon fishing is the real deal.
It really all depends on what kind of experience you’re looking for, each and everyone is different from the other. So if you want something fun this summer, pick one of these activities.
The most successful club in all of France, one of the powerhouses of football in Europe and national football. But in the French football associations entire history, there hasn’t been a club as successful as Marseille only Lyon, PSG and AS Etienne come near. Here are some facts about it.
- It was founded in 1892 by Rene Dufaure but it was officially known as Olympique De Marseille only in 1899.
- They have won 8 league titles and 10 Coup De France.
- Their greatest achievement is winning the Champions League in 1993.
- But they have been a shadow of their former self. For a decade they haven’t won anything. Their best season in a long while was 08/09 where they finished 2nd place over rivals Lyon and also qualified for the Champions League.
- They won their first professional title in 1937 in their current stadium Le Velodrome..
- In the 80s to the early 90s they had one of the best squads in Europe, they had players like Jean Pierre Papin, Didier Deschamp, Rudi Voller, Eric Cantona.
- In 1999, they added the gold color in their jerseys for their 100th anniversary and still have it to this day.
- They have been in two in UEFA Cup Finals, they are the only French team to win the Champions League.
- The Club’s motto is Droit Au But, which translates into Right To Score/ Goal.
- Roger Scotti holds the record for the most appearances, 402.
- Most g0als are held by the Swed, Gunnar Andersson, 187 goals.
- Jean Pierre Papin has only 3 goals less than Gunnar.
- Their home game song is Jump by Van Halen, it’s played before every home game.
- Their goal song is Puff Dady’s Come With Me.
- They have many other amazing records like, allowing the least goals in a season, which was 21 in the season of 91/92.
- They also hold the record for most away wins with OL and AS Etienne, which is 12, in 72/73.
- They also have the best top scorer in ligue 1 ever, who had 44 goals in one season, in the season of 71/72.
- In their stadium, The Velodrome, they have 3 sections, 1 for casual fans, 1 for ultras and 1 for the relations with other clubs, the sections called AEK-Livorno.
- Their main rivals are PSG, who are in the biggest city of France, Paris and Marseille being the other big city club. PSG and Marseille would duke it would before Lyon took the dominance in the France. They are pretty close to each other. PSG has a stadium capacity of 40k in their Parc Des Princes. Marseille have the biggest stadium in France, with a capacity of 60k, The Velodrome. Whenever these two meet about 3000 cops are to present in the grounds around the arena.