One of the biggest countries in the continent, known for it’s nice little fellows wearing panchos, Mexico has many interesting things about it. Some may seem negative, others positive but all of it is interesting. A great man once said something about Mexico, something along the lines of ”
I was taken in by the bravado and the sounds of Mexico… not so much the music, but the spirit.” People there are very nice, that is what Herb meant.
- Mexico has more Spanish talking people than in Spain, isn’t it kind of weird? It is largely attributed to the high birth rate in Mexico.
- Mexico was a land ruled by several different Native tribes, these Aztecs and Maya were the most known ones.
- Mexico is surrounded by mountainous terrain up in the north and the south, mostly near the borders.
- Some say that because people smoke so much in Mexico that the air is extremely polluted, whether that is true or not the air remains extremely dirty.
- People believe Mexico is extremely dense which it’s not, it is the fifth biggest country in The Americas, only the City of Mexico is extremely dense and populated at the same time.
- The country is mostly humid and very hot, it’s average temperature is 24 Celsius.
- Mexico was under Spanish control for 300 years before taking their independence.
- Mexico has more than 700 species of reptiles.
- Mexico has one of the best bio-diversities in the world, with various different species around it’s land.
- Mexico is the only Latin American country to host the Olympic games.
- Mexico is know to be a very sport involved countries it has hosted the Soccer World Cup twice, the national sport is bullfighting a lot like Spain.
- Most of Mexican food have become something common in the west due to the large amount of the population in the US.
- Mexico is nearly three times the size of Texas.
The kingdom of Denmark is in the north west of the European continent. It is known to be the biggest country of all the Scandinavian countries. A very competitive country in sports and many technological aspects . Here are a few fun facts about it.
- Denmark still has a monarchy but it doesn’t meddle with the parliaments affairs much like England, Belgium.
- Denmark was famous for it’s fearsome Vikings, though Vikings did come from Sweden and Norway, most of them were Danes.
- The Vikings had many great exploits, at a time they controlled lands in the New world and even to the far east of Europe.
- The Vikings seized many big cities, such as Paris, many English towns due to proximity, they also controlled Norway and Sweden back then.
- They went as far as New Zealand, where they created a few settlements.
- Denmark has often been praised for having great peace in it’s country, in 2007 & 2008 it was called the happiest place to live in by forbes.
- Researches suggest that Denmark is the least corrupted country in the world.
- For nearly hundreds of years Dane’s haven’t been a threat or in a war with any country.
- The King Of Norway lost The Faroe Islands to Denmark by a game of poker.
- Denmark and the countries it controls (Greenland, Faroe Isles) aren’t in the European Union.
- It is believed that the Danish Krone came to be when the Vikings captured France, The French authorities were afraid to fight back so they gave them money, which became Danish Krone.
- Both Greenland and Faroe Islands have been a part of Denmark for 0ver 300 years.
- One of the most famous people in Denmark, Hans Christian Andersen, was a writer who wrote some of the worlds most famous child stories, which have been translated in over 100 languages, making it one of the most known works in the world ( behind the bible).
- His stories include “The Steadfast Tin Soldier“, “The Snow Queen“, “The Little Mermaid“, “Thumbelina“, “The Little Match Girl“, “The Ugly Duckling” and a few more.
- Lars Ulrich is one of the most famous Danes, he is one of the founding members of the metal band Metallica.
- The largest street market in Europe is in Denmark, it’s called Stroget.
- In Denmark’s Capital Copenhagen, Europe’s biggest amusement park lies there, Tivoli, it is also the oldest amusement park in the world. Walt Disney visited the place and built Disneyland.
- Famous Dane products are Carlsberg, Danfoss, Lego and many others.
Algeria is a beautiful country, the power there changed often. From the control by the Romans, to the control by the Spaniards, nobody held control of the country for long enough except France which ruled it for about a century until they were kicked out.
- The country is nearly three times the size of the State of Texas.
- Nearly six countries border it, Morocco, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Tunisia and Libya.
- Natural resources include Petrol, Uranium and others.
- There are some kinds of catastrophes caused by mountains, which include mudslides, earthquakes and such.
- It’s the second biggest country in Africa after Sudan.
- As of 2010 the population stands over 34 million.
- Most of the population is Alger Berber but there is a minority of Europeans there too.
- The Berber folks want Independence from Algeria but the government is against that but they did offer to teach their language in schools.
- The Independence day for Algeria is on the 1st of November.
- The capital is Algiers, there are about 48 provinces in the country.
- When the political instability occurred in Algeria many leaved to France or any of it’s metro poles.