Emma Watson is, of course, most well known for her portrayal of the character Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. Emma Watson started acting in the Harry Potter films from the age of nine and since then has rose prominently in the acting circle. Her roles in the Harry Potter films have brought her both awards and money, not to speak of the fame.
Born in Paris to lawyer parents, she moved to Oxfordshire in England at the age of five. From the age of six, when she first thought of becoming an actress to the age of nine, she acted in various school plays. Working in the Harry Potter series was her first professional assignment. Emma has acted in all the movies in the Harry Potter series – the Philosopher’s Stone, the Chamber of Secrets, the Prisoner of Azkaban, the Goblet of Fire and the Order of the Phoenix.
She is also scheduled to act in the same role of Hermione in the two parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Apart from the Harry Potter movies, she has also acted in Ballet Shoes, a television film shown on BBC One and rendered her voice in The Tale of Despereaux.
Emma has won many awards during her film career. Notable among them include –
• 2002 – Young Artist Awards for Best Performance in a Feature Film as Leading Young Actress for Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
• 2003 – Otto Awards for Best Female Film Star in Silver category for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
• 2004 – Otto Awards for Best Female Film Star in Silver category for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
• 2004 – Total Film award for child performance of the year in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
• 2005 – Otto Awards for Best Female Film Star in Gold category for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
• 2006 – Otto Awards for Best Female Film Star in Bronze category for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Apart from these awards, Emma has also won other awards and nominated for many more.
Apart from acting, Emma is also serious about fashion modeling that she feels is very similar to art. 2009 saw her partnering Burberry as the new face of their latest campaign. She also appeared as a face of their 2010 spring summer collection. In 2009, Emma also got involved with People Tree, a fair trade fashion brand. Emma didn’t charge for being part of People Tree.
On the personal front, Emma loves field hockey, tennis, art, dancing and singing. She is a firm supporter of Wild Trout Trust. She thinks she is a feminist and admires fellow acting professionals Julia Roberts and Johnny Depp.
In 2010, Emma Watson was named as the highest paid female star in Hollywood. Forbes also listed her sixth in their 2009 rank of most valuable young stars.
Having achieved so much at such a young age, Emma’s career graph and popularity index is only going to head one way – northwards.