Fun Facts about Pigs
Pigs were once a different kind of animal entirely, they were called razorbacks and would hunt for food. After years of spending time in farms as livestock they become docile and lazy animals. They do have had some interesting evolutionary traits from scavenger to livestock here are some.
- Pigs don’t look like much but they have been proven to be smarter than dogs and even some primates. Years of playing around hasn’t done much for their physical evolution but their brains have gained some extra cells.
- Pigs are often considered dirty creatures because they stay on muddy surfaces and eat their own feces. Mud is usually cold because it is made thanks to the rain, this allows the pigs to cool themselves on it. That is why they are always rolling in it and spend most of their time. Pigs also eat their own feces but that is only because of the conditions in the farms they are kept. Farms they are kept at are very small and crowded hence why there is feces everywhere. Pigs will eat feces if they are surrounded by it but if the hygiene of the farm is kept clean, the pigs will also do their best to keep it clean. Another fun fact is that in India they have a thing called pig toilet, where the human will use the bathroom and leave his feces for the pig to eat. These are slowly disappearing nowadays.
- Why do some religions ban the consummation of pig? Because not only are they considered dirty but they have many parasite and infections that humans can contract easily. That is why when cooking pork you must cook it really well so it is not raw. Influenza is one of the diseases they share with humans.
- Pigs can’t look up to the sky because of their physiology.
Religions have practically existed forever and many crazy things have happened due to it. It has shaped our current modern world to some extent. Not many traditions have lived as long as the ones religion has created. Here are some fun facts about religion and its effect on the world.
- Through the late 17th till the 19th century, most of Portugal was owned by the church despite being a kingdom. Exploration hadn’t only filled the coffers of the royal family but also the catholic churches of Europe. This fact also meant that Portugal’s colonies were the most religious colonies as well.
- Every year there are hundreds of one day marriages in Las Vegas where right after a divorce follows. This is mostly because Las Vegas has the most chapels per miles/square. It is ironic that the city of sin has more religious structures than anywhere else.
- Pope Adrian VI had a death that was…weird to say the least. He got a mosquito stuck on his throat and choked to his death, this happened while he was drinking from a fountain. Despite being a moderately decent pope, he’s death was rejoiced by Italians, he was known as a barbarian and there were parades for his death.
- San Francisco has always know to be a hip and ahead of the curve city but one of its achievements is remarkable even for it. In 1982, a transvestite nun known as Sister Boom-Boom ran for mayor of the city and received a whooping 20 thousand votes.
- Temples are dedicated to all sorts of religious meanings or objects but a temple in Sri Lanka takes the cake for best dedication. A Buddhist temple solely made for Buddha’s teeth.
- In the Hindu religion it was once considered bad luck to marry a third time, so to avoid this misfortune Hindu man would marry a tree for the third wife and then burn the tree. This would make his next marriage his 4th, freeing him from misfortune.
- Another Hindu tradition is to whisper to a cow what you want a girl or a boy if your pregnant. This is because cows are a scared animal in Hindu lore.
Those are some crazy facts about religion, hope you enjoyed.